Eco Park Rules for Guests and Tenants
Welcome to the Crystal Waters Eco Park (visitors’ camping and cabin area). Your visit helps to support the Crystal Waters Cooperative Ltd (‘the Co-op’), the social, educational and entrepreneurial arm of the Crystal Waters community.
Your presence is much appreciated, and we wish you a happy and pleasant stay. Please READ and AGREE to the following Terms of stay.
The Eco Park commits to providing guests and tenants:
- A safe and hygienic environment
- Privacy and a peaceful and undisturbed stay. Strictly no parties
Our Park Rules are important to ensure the enjoyment of all guests and tenants, and we thank you for adhering to them.
Violation of Park Rules may result in guests being asked to leave (at the Park Manager’s discretion), or in the case of violent and/or dangerous behaviour, police may be called for assistance.
Should you need any assistance during your stay, please notify park management. If your needs continue to not be met, you can contact the Co-op Office at email@example.com or call 54 944 620 (office hours Tuesday 8am – 12pm).
On your arrival, please also view current notices on the board outside the amenities block.
For the health and safety of our guests and community, it is a condition of entry that you:
- Have not had any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 72 hours, even mild symptoms, or are otherwise unwell
- Are not currently under Government directed lockdown/stay-at-home orders, and/or have not been directed to self-isolate
- Are not waiting on COVID-19 test results
- To the best of your knowledge, have not been in close contact with a person who has a reported or suspected case of coronavirus COVID-19 in the past 14 days
Should any of these apply to you or others included in your booking, please contact Park Management and/or stay home and get tested before visiting.
Respect for Shared Space
The Eco Park is a shared, family-oriented space. Please respect others’ right to a peaceful, safe and private stay.
Use of Camp Kitchen & Kitchenette Behind Bunkhouses
- If you wish to use the camp kitchen, there is a small fee.
- Keep clean and tidy: Put away all items used (dishes, pots, pans, cups, cutlery); clear, wipe, and sanitise benches, ready for the next user.
- Remove or store all personal items before leaving kitchen areas.
- Share the space respectfully: do not monopolise facilities or use other people’s food or gear without permission.
Guests and tenants, Eco Park Management, Crystal Waters residents and wildlife all enjoy a right to peaceful enjoyment of Crystal Waters and its facilities. Therefore, please share the space respectfully. In particular:
- Limit noise between 10pm – 7:30am
- No use of washing machines or dryer between 10pm – 7:30am
- No parties – The Eco Park is a family-oriented space.
- No events without special permission. There are other facilities in Crystal Waters should you wish to book a venue for a party or event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5435 0111 for more information.
Driving and Parking
- If you have a large vehicle (campervan etc), make contact with Park Management before arrival. Many sites are suitable for tents only.
- Be aware of unpredictable wildlife while driving, especially around dusk and dawn. The wallabies are particularly known for jumping in front of vehicles.
- Within the Eco Park, please restrict your vehicle speed to 10 k/hr for the safety of children and wildlife, and to avoid dust.
- The speed limit within all of Crystal Waters is 30 k/hr. Please note that Crystal Waters is a residential community and respect the privacy of residents, especially in areas designated ‘Residents Only’.
- Parking will usually be on your hired site, or as close as possible.
There is a Total Fire Ban in Summer months, or when notified.
- During times when fires are permitted, all camp fires must be in a brazier, fire drum or similar. You will need to supply your own wood.
- All fires must be attended, and extinguished thoroughly when you leave the site.
- Minimisation of rubbish is appreciated. If you can take it with you instead of using our bins, please do.
- Ensure you follow park management’s direction on where to dispose of rubbish.
- Please keep disposable nappies with you, or dispose of in the green-lidded garbage bins near the Crystal Waters roundabout entrance.
- Use the bins located near the roundabout entrance for recyclables eligible for the 10-cent refundable scheme.
- Rinse out all containers before disposal to minimise unpleasant odours.
- DO NOT flush anything apart from toilet paper down the toilet, or blockages will occur.
- Crystal Waters is a designated Land for Wildlife area. Cats and dogs are not permitted on Crystal Waters property to protect native wildlife.
- While it is wonderful to appreciate the abundant wildlife from afar, kangaroos, wallabies, and other wildlife are wild. Do not approach, feed, harass or try to touch wildlife.
- Please refer to the Driving Guidelines above in reference to wildlife. If you should hit an animal or encounter an injured animal:
- Notify Park Management and/or CW Ranger on 07 5494 4726
- If alive and injured, call the WILVOS hotline or Australia Zoo:
- WILVOS: 07 5441 6200
- Australia Zoo: 07 5436 2097 (24 hrs)
- DO NOT approach or touch injured wildlife. If a female kangaroo or wallaby is clearly deceased, please DO approach and check for a living joey in the pouch if comfortable. If there is one, contact the above.
Alcohol, Drugs and Smoking
- The use of illicit drugs is not permitted.
- Drunken and/or disorderly behaviour is not tolerated and may result in the police being called for assistance.
- Smoking is permissible at designated smoking areas only, which you will be advised of upon checking. In addition:
- Please be respectful of others’ right to enjoy the Eco Park and its facilities smoke-free. Park Management is entitled to ask you to move from a designated smoking area and/or exit the Eco Park to smoke if there is a complaint.
- Ensure butts are completely out to ensure fire safety. Throw butts away in the rubbish bin, NOT the bush.
Violence and Conflict
- Verbal and physical violence, including threats, intimidation, and aggressive behaviour is not tolerated and may result in you being asked to leave, and/or the police being called for assistance.
- Should you have a conflict with another guest or tenant, notify Park Management.
- If not resolved or you have feedback or a complaint about Park Management, you can email the Crystal Waters Co-op Office at email@example.com or call 54 944 620 (office hours Tuesday 8am – 12pm). If you are in immediate danger, call 000.
- Checkout time is 10am, or we can be flexible if spaces are available. Please ask Park Management.
- At the end of your stay:
- Put all rubbish, recycling, and compostable material into bins provided or take it with you.
- We may seek to recover costs of any damage caused by you.
- Drive home safely, and come back again sometime!
In Case of Emergency
In case of fire or other emergency, follow the direction of the Eco Park Management or the local fire brigade.
Thank you for reading!